Hynes Athletics Centers Rules & Building Regulations
Each person who uses the Hynes Athletics Center is expected to comply with all rules and regulations set by the Recreation and Intramural Department. These rules are in place to ensure that all facilities are used correctly for the safety and well-being of all Hynes Center members, guests and visitors.
Each person who uses the Hynes Athletics Center is expected to be in a condition appropriate to the activities he/she participates in. Although the Hynes Athletics Center Staff does not require that any member provide specific evidence of such fitness, we do assume that each person will assume responsibility for the activities they participate in and use their best judgment in regards to their own physical fitness level.
Each person that enters the Hynes Athletics Center is responsible for showing proper identification at the control desk. NO PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWED TO USE THE HYNES CENTER FACILITIES WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
Hynes Center General Building Rules
Please observe specific rules and regulations for the various rooms within the Hynes Athletics Center. Specific rules will apply for designated rooms within the Hynes Athletics Center. Please be aware of rule signage posted throughout the building.
- Personal belongings, gym bags, backpacks, etc., are not permitted in hallways, lobbies, or activity areas. Please utilize lockers on the lower level for storage of all items.
- No food or beverages in any activity areas and/or locker rooms.
- Report all injuries to the Control Desk immediately.
- When using the jogging track, run clock-wise on even numbered days of month. Run counterclockwise on odd numbered days of the month.
- Due to safety considerations, only scheduled recreational activities will be permitted.
- Smoking, tobacco and gum are prohibited.
- Appropriate shoes and attire required as specified in activity areas.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades and roller skates prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed, except guide/aid animals accompanying individuals with visual or hearing disabilities.
- When a blood-related injury occurs, halt activity and notify Iona staff immediately to administer treatment and activate biohazardous clean-up procedures.
- Announcements, fliers, posters, etc. are limited to the signage kiosk on the exterior of the Mulcahy Gymnasium; otherwise, all signage must be approved by Iona staff. (See Recreation offices)
- Spirited competition is encouraged; however, abusive language, fighting, and/or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.