Important Information for all Student Athletes
This memo explains the procedures that you will need to follow for filling out, printing, and returning your medical forms and insurance information in order to participate in athletics at Iona College. The forms must be completed online, printed, and handed to the sports medicine staff on the day your team is scheduled for orthopedic screenings or sent in via mail or fax by the date listed below.
If forms are not completed, you will NOT be able to receive an orthopedic screening and thus not be able to participate in intercollegiate sports at Iona College, until all required forms are handed in.
2015 Preseason Meetings and Orthopedic Screening Schedule
The following forms below must be:
- Completed, printed, and signed.
- Brought with you to the pre-participation team meetings in August.
- Do not mail/fax them to the Wellness Center or Admissions!
- If you have already had a physical within three months of August 2015, attach a copy to the Pre-Participation Examination Form.
If you wish to send forms in early:
- Athletes returning for fall pre-season (prior to the start of school) must send forms by Jul. 27, 2015.
- Athletes returning for the start of school must send forms by Aug. 9, 2015.
STUDENT-ATHLETE REQUIRED FORMS CHECKLIST:
Please use checklist below or print checklist here:
- Student-Athlete Demographic Form.
- Insurance Information - must include a copy of your insurance card. A copy can also be made when you come for your orthopedic screening if you are unable to upload it online.
- Medical History Form
- Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form - to be printed and filled out by your doctor only. Needs to include proof of sickle-cell trait test if not waiving testing (only for incoming or transfer students)..
- Sickle-Cell Trait Test Refusal Waiver - to be completed only if you refuse to be tested for Sickle-Cell Trait. Incoming and Transfers Students Only.
- Injury-Illness Awareness Form.
- Drug Testing Consent Form.
- Authorization for Release of Information Form.
If you are UNDER THE AGE OF 18, a parent/legal guardian must sign all required forms, and must look over the Iona College Sports Medicine Online Presentation.
MORE IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Consenus Statement: Sickle Cell Trait and the Athlete
- Sickle Cell Trait Testing Fact Sheet (From Iona College Sports Medicine)
- Concussion: A Fact Sheet for Student-Athletes
- Iona College Concussion Management Policy
- Iona College Weather Policy
- Iona College Drug Testing Protocol