Important Information for all Student Athletes
This memo explains the procedures that you will need to follow for filling out, printing, and returning your medical forms and insurance information in order to participate in athletics at Iona College. The forms must be returned and filled out completely typed (handwritten will not be accepted) on the day your team is scheduled for orthopedic screenings or sent in by the days listed below. If forms are not completed, you will NOT be able to receive an orthopedic screening and thus not be able to participate in intercollegiate sports at Iona College.
2012 Preseason Meetings and Orthopedic Screening Schedule
The following forms must be:
- Completed on a computer (except signatures)
- Printed out
- Brought with you to the pre-participation team meetings in August.
- Do not mail / fax them to the Wellness Center or Admissions!
- If you have already had a physical within three months of August 2012, attach a copy to Part III of the medical forms.
- If you wish to send forms in early:
- Athletes returning for Fall pre-season (prior to the start of school) must send forms by Jul. 29, 2012.
- Athletes returning for the start of school must send forms by Aug. 10, 2012.
NEW STUDENT-ATHLETE FORMS:
- New Student-Athlete Sports Medicine CHECKLIST
- Four-Part Pre-Participation Medical Packet
- Part I Contact and Insurance Information WITH COPIES OF INSURANCE CARDS Back and Front
- Part II Physical Health History form filled out by YOU
- Part III Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation with proof of Sickle-Cell Trait Test filled out by YOUR DOCTOR
- Part IV Authorization for release of Medical Information signed by YOU
- Sickle-Cell Trait Test Refusal Waiver Only if you refuse to be tested for Sickle-Cell Trait (YOU and your LEGAL GUARDIAN must sign this)
- Injury/Ilness Awareness Statement (For information purposes only, will be filled out at orthopedic screening session)
- 2012-13 Iona College Sports Medicine Online Presentation - If a student-athlete is under the age of 18, a parent/legal guardian must view this presention and sign the Injury/Illness Awareness Statement.
RETURNING STUDENT-ATHLETE FORMS: