Iona Lacrosse BIO
4 Mary Kate McCormick
AS A SENIOR (2016):
- MAAC All-Academic Team selection.
- All-MAAC First Team.
- Appeared in and started all 18 games.
- Scored 31 goals on the year.
- Set a new single season record with 45 assists.
- Secured 32 ground balls and 27 draw controls.
- Set a single game high of eight assists vs. Wagner ( Feb. 17).
- Surpassed her previous single season assists record of 31 against LIU Brooklyn (Apr. 2).
- Became the first Gael to reach 100 career assists vs. Manhattan (Apr. 20).
- Scored her 100th career goal against Monmouth (Apr. 30).
- Finished her career second all-time at Iona with 205 points.
AS A JUNIOR (2015):
- MAAC All-Academic Team selection.
- All-MAAC Second Team.
- Appeared in 17 games, averaging 4.24 shots per game and 1.71 goals per game.
- Recorded 36 turnovers, and caused 11.
- Picked up 21 ground balls.
- Registered 23 draw controls.
- Had a season high six assists against St. Bonaventure (Mar. 8).
- Scored a season high four goals at Wagner (Mar. 18).
- Scored three goals and four assists vs. Quinnipiac (Apr. 4).
- Totaled 29 goals with 31 assists on the season.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2014):
- All-MAAC Academic Team selection.
- Appeared in and started all 16 games.
- Scored 20 goals and tallied 16 assists for a total of 36 points.
- Took 75 shots, 56 on net.
- Picked up 16 ground balls.
- Registered 30 draw controls.
- Caused 8 turnovers.
- Registered three points on two goals and one assist along with two draw controls at Central Connecticut (Feb. 25).
- Tallied two points on two assists and three shots vs. Stony Brook (Mar. 20).
- Recorded three points on two goals and one assist along with three draw controls at St. Bonaventure (Mar. 23).
- Registered three points on three goals and four shots and picked up two ground balls vs. Fairfield (Apr. 2).
- Tallied two points on two goals caused four turnovers at Quinnipiac (Apr. 9).
- Recorded three points on one goal and two assists, along with grabbing three ground balls at Niagara (Apr. 12).
- Registered two points on two assists with two draw controls at Monmouth (Apr. 16).
- Recorded season-highs with eight points on six goals and two assists along with grabbing one ground ball at Lafayette (Apr. 19).
- Totaled four points on one goal and three assists vs. Siena (Apr. 26).
AS A FRESHMAN (2013):
- MAAC Rookie of the Year.
- MAAC Player of the Week (Apr. 15).
- Appeared in and started 16 games.
- Scored 20 goals and registered 10 assists.
- Recorded 51 total shots.
- Picked up 18 ground balls.
- Recorded 40 draw controls.
- Caused 35 turnovers.
- Tallied two points on one goal and one assist at Sacred Heart (Feb. 20).
- Tallied five points on four goals and one assist vs. Cincinnati (Mar. 9).
- Registered two points on one goal and one assist at California (Mar. 13).
- Recorded two points on one goal and one assist at UC Davis (Mar. 15).
- Scored three goals vs. Saint Bonaventure (Mar. 23).
- Posted three goals vs. Manhattan (Apr. 3).
- Recorded two points on one goal and one assist at Fairfield (Apr. 10).
- Tallied five points on two goals and three assists vs. Niagara (Apr. 13)...Recorded three assists at Marist (Apr. 17).
- Scored two goals with an assist vs. Siena (Apr. 20).
- A four-year letterwinner at Comsewogue High School.
- Earned All-Division honors during both her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Received All-County honors as a junior when she led her team in both goals scored and assists enabling Comsewogue qualify for the playoffs for the first time in five years.
- Competed with the Long Island Elite Yellow Jackets
- An honor roll student and National Honor Society member.
- Was named class president all four years and is an Academic All-American.
- Was also named Athlete of the Year as a senior.
- Her father, Patrick McCormick, is an Iona Alumni, class of '87.
GAME-BY-GAME:2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013