Iona Men's Basketball BIO
1 Isaiah Williams
- A long, wing that can play all five positions on the floor for the Gaels
- Comprises one-third of Iona's "big three" in 2014-15 along with senior David Laury and junior A.J. English and will look to contend for an All-MAAC position this season
- A junior college transfer from State College Florida Manatee where he played for current assistant coach Brock Erickson in 2012-13.
- A Newark, NJ native.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2013-14):
- Averaged 11.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.7 assists, and 1.3 steals in 28 contests while making 24 starts.
- Iona was 14-3 following his return to the starting lineup after missing five games due to personal reasons.
- Had 16 double-digit point efforts including six straight and a career-high 20 points vs. Siena on Jan. 19.
- Recorded a career-best seven blocks at Manhattan on Feb. 28 including one that was featured on ESPN SportsCenter’s Top Plays.
- Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in win over Wofford in Gaels’ home opener.
- The Gaels went 21-7 with him in the lineup.
BEFORE IONA (STATE COLLEGE FLORIDA MANATEE-SARASOTA):
- Named 2013 Suncoast Conference Player of the Year after averaging 17.0 points, 8.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists in just 21.6 minutes per game.
- Started 23 of 28 appearances and had 25 games with double-digit points including 10 with 20 or more and a season-best 27 vs. College of Central Florida on Jan. 9.
- Also recorded 10 double-doubles.
BEFORE IONA (ROBINSON SCHOOL / SHABAZZ HIGH SCHOOL):
- Spent the 2011-12 season at Marshall University but did not play due to NCAA Initial Eligibility rules.
- In 2010-11, spent post graduate year at The Robinson School in Irvington, NJ for head coach Vince Robinson where he averaged 27 points, six rebounds and five assists.
- The summer prior to enrolling at The Robinson School, earned the All-Star Game MVP award at the prestigious Hoop Group Elite Camp.