Iona Volleyball To Host Bone Marrow Drive Dec. 4
Courtesy: ICGaels.com  
Release: Tuesday 12/03/2013

NEW ROCHELLE, NY - The Iona College volleyball team has paired up with Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation. On Wednesday, Dec. 4, the team is hosting a bone morrow registry drive between 9 am and 5 pm at La Penta Student Union on the campus on Iona.

One out of 200 Americans will need a bone morrow donation at some point in their life. This statistic inspired the team to get off the bench into the game.

"Bone Morrow is an incredibly tough thing to find a perfect match," said head coach Jon Killingbeck "The idea that maybe somebody on this campus could be a match that can save someone else’s life made this a no brainer for us to help with."

Statistics show that only 30% of all patients (more 130,000 new patients a year) will have a match in their family. The other 70% must hope that a compatible stranger will step forward to help save their lives.

The volleyball program hopes to make this a start to an annual drive.



IONA S.A.A.C.



advertisement


Proud Sponsors
Smoke House
Coach USA
Censtar Energy
Tasti D Lite
Country Bank
Tailgate rotating
Pronto Pizza
Pepe Auto Group
Sheraton
Modells
J.P.'s Seafood Restaurant
Topside Lacrosse
Ivy Rehab
Beechmont
Avenue Deli
Hospital For Special Surgery
Shannon Beverages